Visualizing apoptosis with some very good 3-D animation by Drew Berry.
Molecular mechanisms underlying apoptosis in cell culture
Roundworm (Caenorhabditis elegans)
Lecture videos are available for viewing in the left column. They will be used to illustrate points about the following:
1. A review about how the worm was developed as a model organism
2. A very compact apoptosis overview. It is a bit old but covers the core concepts.
"Advances in apoptosis research" by Peter ME, Heufelder AE, and Hengartner MO
3. A review on how the worm can contribute to cancer gene discovery.
These are excellent resources for C.elegans information. They provide very good information that is easily accessible.
1. A great starting point for all questions about C.elegans.
2. An overview of worm anatomy including a huge catalog of worm images (both real and cartoon), along with a basic descriptive overview of the tissue, organ or cell of interest.
3. The worm community's go-to place for news, links to worm resources, and information about any C.elegans gene of interest.
4. An educational portal dedicated to C.elegans.
If you're off-campus click on the 'FHCRC student' link in this box before trying to access full text course readings.
Once you've logged in, use your "back" button to return to this page and click on the links to the readings.
FHCRC students (sign in with your HutchNetID and password)